Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 3 & a photo!


I'm honestly quite embarrassed to show you this photo.  I've been wanting to make an "altered book" or other type of book to collect sketches in.  I mean, you get all these great sketch ideas in magazines and such, and how do you keep them all together?  I started with 12x12 chipboard which I cut down so it was 9x5 3/4.  I covered the inside of each piece with a light purple paper and the outside with the polka-dot paper.  The polka dot paper and the letters are from the pad "Nana's Kids" by.....DCWV maybe?  or Memory Makers.  I'll have to go check.  I cut letters to spell "sketches" from a page in the pad that is nothing but squares with letters.  I popped every other letter with dimensional dots and adhered the others with glue dots.  I wanted to add some pizzaz, and this is where I made my big mistake.  I chose to use glitter glue - not such a good choice.  You can tell how it ruined several of the letters and it did not make the dots pop like I wanted them to.  A handful of white copy paper cut in half, a few carefully placed punches with my crop-a-dile, and voila!  Not what I had envisioned, but it will do the job.  Maybe a more successful project tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment