Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Challenged by a Movie

So I watched a large portion of the movie Julie and Julia today.  I say large part b/c with a toddler running around, actually watching a movie is quite difficult, and I didn't quite get through the whole thing.  I do intend to finish it tonight or tomorrow.  

This is a crafty blog, so why am I talking about a movie?  Because it inspired me.  I have so little self discipline when it comes to anything.  Julie's goal of completing every recipe in Julia's cookbook in one year made me think of a goal for myself.  What if I could create one project a day, for a whole year?  365 projects done.  Maybe a card or even "just" a scrapbook layout. Perhaps a sewing project or a section of a larger project.  Can I do it?  Yes.  Will I do it?  That is yet to be seen!  Perhaps I will quickly abandon this undertaking, or maybe I will last a while and then fizzle out, but maybe, just maybe, I will stick with it and see it through.  This is something I rarely do in my life.  I would like to actually finish something I have started.

I have already started. Today my 3 year old and I made a thank you card.  It was quite simple, and probably shouldn't count, but hey, I've got to start somewhere, right?  Unfortunately, I failed to photograph it before putting it into the envelope to mail.  I shall describe it the best I can - I used Cricut's Cutting Up cartridge to simply cut "THANKS" from a blue striped paper.  My son applied 2-way glue to each letter, and I placed them on a pre-made blank card.  I outlined the letters with a silver metallic marker.  Ta da!  That was it.  I know I could (and probably should) have added some other little embellishments to make it really "WOW!" and not just, "oh, nice" but when you are working with a 3 year old, sometimes the details go out the window.  

So here is the beginning of my endeavor.  Marching forward one day at a time...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Jennifer, I am so happy to see you on blogger, and I can't wait to see all the projects you will complete!

    ReplyDelete